June 22, 2020
Hawaii County Planning Department
101 Pauahi Street, Ste. 3
Hilo, HI 96720
SUBJECT: PUNA GEOTHERMAL VENTURE (PGV) SITE ACTIVITIES
Dear Mr. Yee:
Pursuant to Condition No. 4 of the Geothermal Resource Permit, Puna Geothermal Venture (PGV) hereby submits the Weekly Status Report for the week ending June 7, 2020.
Continued with turbine and generator overhauls.
- OEC 11 performing final system checks.
- OEC 22 performing final system checks.
- OEC 25 performing final system checks.
Continued electrical substation installation.
- KS-14 Reevaluating well maintenance
- KS-17 Well casing cementing work at our current depth of 866’ is delayed due to well water issues.
- KS-18 Completed surface equipment installation. Currently warming up the well to
injection wells KS-13 and KS-15 to establish flow into process in preparation for
plant start up. Also, preparing to perform initial resource sampling once we have a
stable and consistent flow.
- MW-5 Drilling postponed.
- MW-4 Pump failed on 6/20, repairs are in progress.
Completed final plant system walkdowns in preparation to start up the power plant.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me.
Ronald P. Quesada